Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

12 Apr 2012

From Them, To Them.

Now I'm gone don't miss me
I heard an angel cry out
I'm still here listening
No need to raise and shout
Why can't you hear me?
This angel in despair


Basking in your shadow
Following you everywhere
I'm sitting right beside you
I wish that you could see
I think you'd have to agree
With this angel crying out


I'm waiting for you patiently
As now your time is not
I want you to enjoy life
Because it's over in a jot.
Be reassured it's all absurd
So have fun with the plot.


I swear I heard an angel cry
I swear I saw their tears
I swore I'd pass this message
To alleviate your fears:
Every single one of them
Is nearer than you think.


So hold your glasses high
To them let's have a drink!

3 comments:

Hurrah! You're back! I was beginning to think you had given up posting anything.
 
Yay! Thanks for your support, it's appreciated! I've been creating art but in the form of sculpture. Me and words really fell out, but I think we're finally resolving our differences. ;)
 
as sweet as your words in poetry a thoughtful & heartfelt wit of prose I really enjoyed this so happy i stopped to read .. beez ;))
 

Post a Comment