Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

17 Dec 2010

Life's Gamble

Whatever the hand you are dealt in life
 you must never fold
Whether starting life
big, brass and bold
Or starting out in the cold
For life is just a game
But one that we must play
Whatever the world throws at you
You must gamble away
Your past doesn’t determine your future
Though your future determines your past
So take from these words that which are true
You choose in your life, what you do
Alas’ I think you are starting
to see that life is about
Choices and choosing merrily
Of that I have no doubt.

4 comments:

love your way of looking at life,
we do gamble when we take risks and

beautiful delivery of your message.
 
Life comes at me recklessly and I twist and turn trying to avoid making choices. But gamble I must. Very nice poem.
 
My life is definitely a gamble. I'm always making choices trying to build a greater future. I love the way you describe the twist and turns.

Rhyme Me a Smile
 
Very wise thinking here! We're on the same page about life. Enjoyed reading this!

Happy New Year!

Today I want to introduce you to a flexible poetry forum, it is Jingle Poetry Monday Potluck, you link in a poem related to our theme (Week 17 Theme is The Road Ahead), or 1 to 3 poems that are old or unrelated to our theme, enjoy some traffic and encouragement…if you wish to fit in our community better, you feel free to visit and comment as many entries as you wish from our collection, how cool it is?!

Please check us out at http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/

Let me know if you have questions.

We are open Sunday, 8pm until Wednesday, 8pm, American Central time.

If you wish sign in with your yahoo or Google email to follow our blog so that you know our updates.We value your attention, hope to see you in.
 

Post a Comment