Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

28 Jan 2011

Deadman Walking

You're looking at a dead man walking
You're talking to a man in mourning
You're sharing now, but when I'm gone
You'll wish I stayed, for just a little while longer
My path is set, I have no regrets
So please don't miss me when I'm gone
Enjoy it while it lasts, take what you can
Hold on to that piece of me, to remind you I was here.
We're all the same in starry starry nights
We come and bestow and when its time we go.
You're looking at a dead man walking
You're talking to a man in mourning.
But for now I am here, with my heart on display
And a mission to complete, to bring the brighter day.

2 comments:

I enjoy your company, when you're dead, I'm gonna miss you. =)

Couldn't avoid but remember Pablo Neruda's possibly most popular poem, sonnet XCIV or as most people would refer to it "If I die".

If I die, survive me with such a pure force
you make the pallor and the coldness rage;
flash your indelible eyes from south to south,
from sun to sun, till your mouth sings like a guitar.

I don’t want your laugh or your footsteps to waver;
I don’t want my legacy of happiness to die;
don’t call to my breast: I’m not there.
Live in my absence as in a house.

Absence is such a large house
that you’ll walk through the walls,
hang pictures in sheer air.

Absence is such a transparent house
that even being dead I will see you there,
and if you suffer, Love, I’ll die a second time.
 
Very thought provoking.
 

Post a Comment