Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

22 Jan 2011

Mediocre Bore

Like looking down cock Shaw lane
millions walk and drive and talk

Think, that a broke son of beat poet's mom
Got nothing to bring to a mediocre party

Why don't you see beyond your dome
Your own hippodrome, your safe home

I've been up and down so many times
Bottom and top look the same, all lame

Took back my brain, made it sane
what a shame it's such a lonely game.

Cock Shaw with blind folds tightly wrapped.
Just walking on eggs, worrying they'll crack.

Don't be a drag, an old fad, a character sad
get mad, get moving, there's a party over hear.

Aint no mediocre mocking fool at this gig
just all the hip chicks and sub cool crows

And none of us could give a fig, for fools drunk
on blood and as they swig, We'll dance, you dig?

You dig, you dig, you dig your own hole
You mediocre fool, you stupid useless tool.

We're gonna gig man, were gonna jig, were gonna dance
We're gonna have a party all of our own.

Your not invited, so on your way home,
refused at the door, leave your mediocre,
mediocre no more , leave you disgusting mediocre bore.

5 comments:

"It's like reading Kerouac..."

Mark
 
Hello Mark, I think I can take the rest of the day off, I'm not going to top that today, thanks for taking the time to read my poetry :)
 
Interesting piece, like the flow and the return.
 
Nah, Jack wasn't this good and never so tight. More like L. Ferlinghetti methinks. See the beat in you. I find that voice in me sometimes. I like the wordplay and juxtapositions. The voice, ultimately, belongs to you. Excellent write, my friend. Gay @beachanny
 
Well - As somebody who avoids reading, to stay fresh and original, I feel I can take these comments, as compliments: comparing me to 'two', of the poetic art form's 'premier giants'. If I remind you of these people, then I must be doing something right:) I just write what is channeled through me. My poems are mainly written, using intuition based creativity, although I have been known to research topics for commissions(Intuition still plays a massive part, even in this process).
 

Post a Comment