Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

28 Jan 2011

Sleeping

To all of those that had to go
and all of you that still remain
Upon the final journey: separated.
Broken hearts shot down in flames
and the waken miss the sleeping
And those that sleep, do so in peace
Restful gentle sleep, no more pain
and though we'll miss your smile
It won't be long, until we're back as one
and for eternity we'll be together
the pain of that earlier separation
will be a long forgotten memory
and we will miss you no more.
We'll be here waiting, just waiting for your call.

3 comments:

What a beautiful and peaceful poem, my dear. It happens to be pretty much the way I think about the departed ones. I like your gentle word choice in this poem and the rhythm in it, which is covered with some sadness but delivers a message of comfort and hope.

Kiss you. =*
 
Thank you for this...a lot to losing one for me...one that circumstances held at minimum interactions...I wrote a poem prior to his passing yesterday on my blog (http: betweenhearts75.wordpress.com)....hard to explain the emotion in all...felt fitting to write of for me....~April gratitude to you friend
 
Thanks Kenia, we share lots of common language I think, glad it resonated with you.

April - My deepest sympathies are with you. I am pleased my words were felt at this sad time. I read your poem and it perfectly represented what you were trying to say. Your Friend Gwylym
 

Post a Comment