Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

14 Feb 2011

A Letter To A Patron

Won't you Pay me in: Krugerrands, diamonds or kindness?
So that I may come and go by shadowy moonlight.
Take flight when I please, freely travel where I like
By night I shall leave and in the morning fog, return.
As I travel; lighting darkened, extravagant golden walkways
Meeting, Influencing; strangers that wield a powerful axe.
With coffers filled and mission set,cultivating humanness
So don't give me cheques or useless bits of paper.
For services rendered, another heart surrendered.
No pass controls to slow me down, no red tape and no blue too.
Won't you pay me in Krugerrands, diamonds or kindness.
Without them, stranded on a dried out lake, high rolling seas are calling.
Sailing the winds without a boat, swimming in water, but its just a moat.
If only someone would vote and agree to give me a float.
A Boat! A boat! My loyalty for a boat.

6 comments:

I really really like this one, Gwylym. Finding a patron is a thankless job all by itself, and then so few ever pay in kindness, let alone diamonds and gold, but I share the writer's wish that it could be. Soaring images and excellent language throughout in this piece.
 
Like the flow of this. Good piece.
 
Love it Gwylym. It sounds like you have been to South Africa and back, touched the land's gold and its glint, and its people smiling. The red tape there is much less than here, but people with the gold buy it with bribe. :-)
 
This is a gem! wonderful imagery, 'sailing the winds without a boat', flowing in the stream you are :)
 
Thanks for the Kindness :) One, out of three isn't bad haha.
 
Very well-written....*sigh of sink or swim...yes to the boat!...Love this ~April
 

Post a Comment