Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

15 Feb 2011

Thief

You can steal my poems, but not my creativity
You'll try to say they're yours, though it isn't so
But I'll write fifty more, right in front of your eyes
I'll write about the lack of creativity and your lies
With pen and ink, i'll mark your card, fraudster bard
And by the time, i am done writing, having fun
You'll turn on your cowardly heels and run, run, run.
So steal what you like, you'll never be me, slimy, slippery;
weaselly thief, my words will knock out, your shiny teeth. 
This is my conclusion and your brief: broken shattered thief!

12 comments:

Well done!
 
Thanks Diana, I took out the expletives lol
 
Powerful stuff but well written! There's nothing worse...surely they know they will get found out?Well done :)
 
I like it. Strong statement and still has humor in it.
 
Go get him/her...nothing worse than a plagarist. And how disappointingly unoriginal they must be ;)
 
A plagiarist is like a philanderer. Instead of fucking with somebody else's wife, he fucks with somebody else's words.
You are prolific so you will prevail. Keep up the good work.

Tiger(Epes)
 
Thanks to all of you creative intelligent people. The plagiarist didn't steal my work. It was one of Poemblaze's friends that had their work stolen. Poemblaze sussed them out luckily. I wrote it for all of us :)
 
Well said!!! :)
 
A pox upon them. It's both stupid and pitiful to have to steal to try to make yourself someone else. Sickening. Nothing is more personal than poetry, not even underwear!
 
ugh if you had that happen...sorry...i went through that last summer...ugh...nice write though...
 
Fraudster bard: you've been served!

Very nice!
 
Smiles.. I wish the best of luck to the thief... interesting post..

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/02/whispers-night-along-sea.html
Twitter @VerseEveryDay
 

Post a Comment