Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

24 Feb 2011

Sycophantic Spies

Surrounded by sycophantic spies
Some would call them guides
Others: Safeguards of the system
Influence-rs of an artistic mind
Are they ill meaning or are they kind?
Do I swallow their lines, do I repeat
Do I sing along to their beat?
I'll use my brain in the fast lane
If their lines fail and are lame
I'll choose to refrain, to remain sane.
Do they harbour resent? not to my face!
Do they think, that I don't recognise
Truths wrapped up in sycophantic lies
Do they only care about the race?
Hasten the pace! My mind is MY place.
I'll choose my own truth and my own line.
Told you before I am not the fine, the swine
Not A Guan, to be played at will,
Conduct orchestras with my quill
Fighting for the people, to relieve their cries
Not sycophantic peoples lies.

2 comments:

I hope you don't think me sycophantic :) - but I related to the sentiments here. The 'jump-out' line for me was 'My mind is MY place'.

Sycophants are often the same folks who project their own fears and desires onto us and sap our spirits.

Never stop being your own north star.

Anne
 
Thanks Anne, I don't think anyone in particular, I was talking more about poor media or manufactured social pressure. And the odd character that should remain nameless haha. You hit the nail on the head when you said "Sycophants are often the same folks who project their own fears and desires onto us and sap our spirits."
 

Post a Comment