Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

23 Mar 2011

Empress

I swear to your face, I swear in your face
and I swear that you still don't care.
I swear, I swear and I swear, it gets me nowhere.
I swore I wouldn't swear, but it just isn't fair.
I swore I'd try to square your eye, fie upon that lie.
I swear that's how I started out;
Circumference surrounding, have ye no doubt.
I swear by the great unknown, that; by which I stand.
Outside of logic, there's another land.
A place unknown, the enlightenment missed.
Shadow cast, darkened moon; lots of doubt.
Obfuscated, obscured; erased; cast out.
I see a darkened corner, in a room full of light
I see a spark of pre-conscious creation: complex.
Empress, clothed in a dusky dress.
She offers up the answers, through the mess.
No force, no stress; she's less than less.
She's the exquisite tune, in nothingness.

9 comments:

Great alliterative, tongue-twisting fun. Let me guess, you are an auditive kind of person?
 
Fascinating!
 
Sandaionescu, Thanks. I think I am Kinesthetic, Audio and Visual :) Here's one of my sculpture vids, I'll let you decide http://illiteratepoetry.blogspot.com/2011/03/eastern-promise-sculpture.html


Honeyhaiku, Probably the best response I could have hoped for :) Pleased that you're fascinated.
 
Sugar on the tongue :) Last line is killer.
 
Thanks Diana, sweet of you to say ;) The last line brings clarity, by unifying all of the parts, I agree, the last line is'The shot to the head', so-to-speak ;)))
 
ha. your opening is great...i could see myself ranting thus...and then you bring it down and i hear her as you close...
 
exquisite, and yet nothingness denotes sadness.
 
"Fie" is such fabulous word. Love the dusky dress and the last line. Gah. You really pulled off the rhyme, too. Thanks for sharing.
 
Hi Owen
Emotional lament.. beautifully portrayed... I could relate with your lines...
'I see a darkened corner, in a room full of light
I see a spark of pre-conscious creation: complex.'
... a lot... and the ending was so great...

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/03/whispers-seed-and-senseless-living.html
At Twitter @VerseEveryDay
 

Post a Comment