Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

15 Mar 2011

Graham Vivian Sutherland OM




I see a light purple colour
in a fire of pastel flames
Orange flecks of dull hues
O'er head, above the flame
way up high, A bright sky lay
All licked in colour of sun ray beams
now it bursts from the seams
Sutherland's Shadowy friends,
wrapped around forms of a surrealist lens
Where valleys deep and on they roam
Winding, coiling, spiraling, turning 
On paths lighted in the haze
Capturing fields before the war
Owning a landscape in the mind he saw.
Dressing Green blades, in powdery blues,
of fine Pembrokeshire sunny views
Wiped away when peace resigned
A light became a darkened heart.
Though, it did regain, found inspiration
Through all of the pain.
In habitats of nature, it was laying there
on coastal shores, a love was restored.



9 comments:

love that it was restored a very colorful write as well...a nice feel to it..
 
A fine tribute to a wonderful artist :)
 
Great tribute befitting the receiver.
 
Firstly I like the new look of the blog G, very smooth! Absolutely glorious tribute to a fantastic artist, packed full to the brim of colours and life. Thanks for sharing
 
Thanks everyone, Glad you all like it.

Shan, What this old thing? I just threw this on ;)
 
On a coastal shore ... love restored.. how beautiful. I liked it.

ॐ शांति ॐ
Om Shanti Om
May peace be... pray for People of Japan
________
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/03/whispers-love-and-insignificance.html
Connect me at Twitter @VerseEveryDay
 
I have never heard of the Artist before, but like the second painting so will look him up :)

I like the poem, your descriptive language is lovely, painting the pictures in my mind too.
 
Wonderful, artful descriptions of the work. I like the first painting especially.
 
Beautiful poem and beautiful paintings!
So much to admire!
 

Post a Comment