Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

29 Mar 2011

Today We Party

Tired of writing about: Duality; Politics; Science; Mythology; Philosophy; Human emotions; Natural disasters; bankers and all of the other dross. Give me a party today, for I may not live to see tomorrow - Carpe diem. Today will be a fine celebration, of the here and now. We'll drink and frolic, cast off the stolid, let us dance, give me your hand, let's dance i implore you, today we hold the World in our hands. We shall close our eyes - We, will! look towards the starry sky and we will! call this day ours. Let us dress now, in glimmering gowns; shining colours that match the sounds. Bass beats arithmetical, accompanies our wonderfully wilful bliss. Today, my friends: will be a haughty jaunt, of the Ecstasy sort. We'll forget our troubles and sing instead, we'll celebrate that we're living and not zombie dead. Today, the knocks, will not knock us, the pain, will be pleasure and our minds will be treasure. Shall we dance some more? Shall we forget what we saw; what we know; what we were - Hold my hand then and I'll shake your bones. Today we don't do boxes, cages or pens; today, is about, you and me friends. On this glorious love filled day, we shall, be clock kings and queens; able to ignore the dawn: an intrusive moon and the setting sun. Bass keeps on beating when the music's gone, there's only one thing left to do: Party on!

6 comments:

What a wonderfully fun filled poem, it runs with a happy speed too.

Hope it gets everyone else dancing too :)

Thanks for sharing

Abi
 
That is really beautiful.
I love that !
An Artist work !
You need to meet true poets as you....

Moneypenny :)
 
Gwylym, love the sentiment behind this post. I think you are in a very happy mood, which is lovely to feel from you.
Eden
 
Absolutely love this poem Gwylym. Yes. I shall hold your hand, listen to the band, and dance until I'm in a trance. Q x
 
Can I spike the punch? ;)
 
Haha, thank you everyone:) Should be a good one :))
 

Post a Comment