Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

5 Mar 2011

Mocking World

To kill a mocking world
A story of profitable greed
brokers taking the lead
Trying to top the league
Fear is spread and so are bets
Then come the order for fighter jets
And all the time singing out
It's just the way it is - grab yours!
Trees are falling faster than living standards
The lungs are ripped from earth's chest
I do not jest, have we chosen the best?
Addicted like crack to plastic bits of tack
Will the Planet, ever win its respect back?
A tale from old that is told and told.
Civilisations from times gone
didn't believe it could be done
We have the tools to choose
Consumer views, it's big news
World can win or world can lose.
So go ahead, buy that fifty fifth pair of shoes.

5 comments:

"Fear is spread and so are bets
Then come the order for fighter jets"

Excellent lyric potential here, *dusts off guitar*
 
Oh Gwylym, did you have to choose shoes?
 
14th Century Poet - Please do, dust off your guitar. :)


Eden, Ha you made me laugh. I was hoping for that reaction lol. "Fifty fifth pairs of shoes", is merely a metaphor, for excess. I will rewrite the end for you, it is weak anyway. I tend to just splurge them out and then post - most of the poems on this blog need a serious edit, I'll do it one day. :)
 
Gwylym, Ha, of course. I think for the fact you got a reaction is a good thing, please don't rewrite (certainly not for me). I'm more into boots anyway ;)
 
I like this and like the shoes .. lol your very passionate it just reaches out and touches the reader your poetry .. excellent messages you bring and share Remind us al Beez :))
 

Post a Comment