Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

12 Sept 2010

Fairy land

Take me to a fairy land,
Where no debt of man is due.
Take me to a far away land,
Where the hills are Cerulean blue;
And the sky has crystal chandeliers;
With a sea of Golden feathers.
Take me to this fair land,
Where no ill or pain can be found.
Take me to a place
Where these notions are profound.
Whisk me off, as soon as you can;
Let me craft a map and publish it for all.
Give them a chance;
Let them preview what I saw.
Please take me to a fairy land;
Wishing away my life like quicksand,
Loosely griped in hand.
Take me to a fairer land;
Where I make no apology.
Let me set myself free;
As I sit in the shade of a deep violet palm tree.
This world is mine and always will be.
No red exists here;
Just tranquil sounds and flowing forms;
No raging storms;
Just gentle spawns growing yellow lawns.
No lamp black clouds to feed our crops;
Pristine white and showering light, in fairyland.
Purple hearts of loving folk.
Peaceful Minds throughout.
Oh, how I’d grip that hand.
I’d build a box to catch that sand.
Please take me to a fairer land.
Please take me to where I belong.
Please take me to land of joy and song;
Where everything is right;
And the word wrong, doesn’t exist.
Where every childs belly is blessed with food.
A place where there’s never a sombre mood.
No ways to pay, just in peace and in play.
And when I get here, then here I’ll stay;
living my life in fairyland.

9 comments:

Sounds like a wonderful place. Nice One Shot!
 
your fairy land sounds like a nice place...Wishing away my life like quicksand..hmm...can happen..
 
can i come there too? :) it sounds like a great place to be..inspiring one shot :)
 
Thanks Peeps! Of course you are all welcome to come along, I want to "craft a map and publish it for all" :)
 
A magical place - serenity embodied. Nice work drawing us into the image and the desire. As I said: such a place! Would that all could reach it.
 
well described....reckon i am on that trip too...all the best pete
 
Fun, joyous work.
 
yes, joyful indeed
 
Thanks for all the kind comments.
 

Post a Comment