Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

14 Sept 2010

Who invented time

Who invented time?
bring them to my chamber!
now rapscallion how do you plead?

Well. . . . I - just bored sitting
started to observe cycles of the sun
the way the eerie shadows run
when at once I happened on a pattern
upon the big round flat'en.


Rapscallion is this how you plead?
boredom caused this evil deed?
boredom laid the gauntlet,
however, twas you that bonded,
when agreed to boredom's want,
now. . . how do you plead?

I showed a friend who told his brother
then another, they voiced it’ll bring them power
use it to control the people
control the sun or so it seems
but as knowledge grew o’er my discovery
so did knowledge of skulduggery.


Rapscallion did you pass the book?
now look! We are here to hear you right
you observed light and called it day
why did you have to get carried away?

It wasn't me that created day
just observed it happened that way.
knowledge spread, cat out of bag
life became a real drag
since that time when time came to be
it wasn’t my fault you cant blame me


then who shall we blame?
with an excuse so lame.
we haven't got time for this little game!

Sir, if you have no time for this little game
go further into your mystified brain
now, if you have "No Time"
no charge, you can lay?
release me from I chains
as I have done for you.


you have answered honest true
for this we thank you.
Upon my words spoken
your chains will be broken
tis merely a gesture, of gratification.
for viewing that fallacy called polarization
You've opened a door, to another dimension
by un-inventing that invention.
Once observed with good intention.
Set two sides spiralling, on one course,
totally inspiring universal laws!

6 comments:

I enjoyed the humour of this piece - very witty repartee. Time is the very devil, stealing everything without our even noticing.
Skylover
 
I enjoyed your flow, it was a fun read!
 
what a delightful piece of poetry and excellent story
Got so caught up in it I want to go for another time around...
Glad you shared it with One Shot

Happy New Year

Moonie smiles
 
Definitely a fun piece to read and to ponder during direct observation as was the invention.... nicely done.
 
Extremely clever and well done. I was so drawn in I feared there was no way out.

Loved it.
 
Glad that you all enjoyed it :)
 

Post a Comment