Iliterate Poet

A dumping ground for my works in progress.

14 Sept 2010

Poor Yorick

Topic - Shakespeare's Hamlet/ December/ Saints/ Unity. Season's wishes to one and all :)



Alas’ poor Yorick, my dear fellow
You go on like a bellowed fire, Stronger with time.
Skull so round
When you lived, you jested around
Andre T. lost his head over you
Kurius some say
That fellow is you!
Martyred for your cause - I know that is true
Going under Patrick
Hiding, writing history
Brought back to London
Tower door shut upon you
You would never cow-tail
from where you stood
Even against the crown
You refused to sit down
Hung, drawn and quartered
Was your destiny
One of the forty Englanders
One of the free
Canonized for eternity saint of December
Remembered, not forgotten
For the work you have done.
Thank you for reminding us
To be as one.

6 comments:

I'm not familiar with your references to English history here,but enjoyed the poem for what it is nonetheless. I'd say 'illiterate' is something of a misnomer for your pen name, my friend. Happy Hols.
 
Thanks, yes it's a little cryptic. Maybe people might take a look into "Shakespeare" ;) to help them decode it, wouldn't that be nice? Method to the madness :)
 
Been to the Tower. Saw the oak round with one gash where Ann Boleyn lost her head. My 2nd wife was English. Spent Christmas in England. Both sides of me family from there. I miss the mother country and scones with clotted cream and raspberry jam. Put the kettle on. Here's my given name...Welsh it is..Epes Randolph Williams, Jr. Your friend-Tiger Windwalker
 
Epes Randolph Williams, Jr. and what a fine name it is too! Thank you for your support. You never cease to amaze me with your varied life. The Kettle is always on, am considering getting an urn. :)
 
this was enjoyable for me...although my favourite image of poor yorick is david bowie singing Cracked Actor...i live, by train, just over an hour from the tower!!!..have a great christmas...pete
 
Yeah - Me too Pete. We should share a pot of tea and some words some someday.
 

Post a Comment